Sunday, February 13, 2011

I wake up saturday morning with just Mats, myself and Joy in the house. I munch on the taste of the empty nest and must admit to myself that it feels just fine. Sorry kiddoes! This is not bad at all, I walk into a clean shower and I do not have to dry myself on a handkerchief because all the towels are on a pile on someOne's floor, dump. The shampoo bottle is still half full and I do not need to fill up on toilet paper. I put on MY music while Mats walks the dog and I dance to the kitchen, I even attempt a second voice with noone yelling at me to shut it up I am trying to sleep here! I use my nostrils to check out on smells, nope, no sweaty socks fragrances coming out of the "dorm", just fresh, newly brewed coffee. Mats comes back and we have a loooong breakfast, we clean up the house together and it goes very fast, since the two of us DO bother to put things back in place when we have used them. We prepare lunch for some real nice guests and noone makes his voice heard: "yuueeeeh! You know I haaaate garlic, I can smell it from here". I walk around in my trainers and Mats thinks I look nice in a pony tail. This empty nesting thing is may be not as bad as my friends make it sound? By four o'clock we are done with the experiment and welcome back at least one of the kids who teases me for the pony tail and wonders what's for supper...if you just knew the thoughts I have cherished while you were away, but welcome home anyways sweety.

Mi sveglio sabato mattina con solo Mats e Joy in casa. Assaporo il gusto del nido vuoto e devo ammettere che mi va piuttosto a genio. Perdonatemi figli miei! Ma non sto soffrendo, proprio per nulla. Entro in una doccia pulita ed il flacone dello sciampo è ancora mezzo pieno. Non devo asciugarmi con un fazzoletto perché tutti gli asciugamati sono in un mucchio umido sul pavimento di qualcUna. Non devo nemmeno correre per prendere un rotolo di carta igienica. Metto su la MIA musica mentre Mats è fuori con il cane e faccio anche un tentativo alla seconda voce senza che nessuno si metta a strillare "silenzio c'è gente che dorme quí!" Scruto con le narici gli odori, no, non arriva puzza di calzini e sudori vari dal "dormitorio", solo caffé fresco appena fatto. Mats torna e facciamo una luuuunga colazione, poi puliamo la casa insieme e ci mettiamo un attimo dato che noi due abbiamo la buona abitudine di mettere le cose al loro posto dopo averle rimosse. Vado in giro in tuta e Mats dice che sono carina con la coda di cavallo. Preparo il pranzo per degli ospiti simpatici e nesuno esclama esasperato "cheee schiiifo ma quanto aglio stai usando, lo sento da quí". Sta faccenda del nido vuoto forse non è tanto squallida quanto me la raccontano le mie amiche? Per le quattro del pomeriggio l'esperimento è concluso e diamo il benvenuto a casa per lo meno ad uno dei figli. La prima cosa che fa è prendermi in giro per la coda di cavallo ed esclamare :" cosa c'è per cena?"...se solo sapessi i pensieri che mi hanno lusingata quest'oggi mio caro, ma benvenuto a casa ugualmente.

2 comments:

magdalena said...

låter fin, fint det där!

EbonIvory said...

Una bella esperienza quella del nido vuoto, da me provata ed apprezzata tantissime volte, anche se adesso sono in sovraffollamento, apprezzabile anch'esso. Ribadisco che scrivi benissimo.